SC - Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras/Carnival and Ducal University

Rebecca E Tants retants at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 12 19:14:46 PDT 1998

Hi Folks -

Well, it's July, time to start planning for my February event.  Once
again I'm cooking the Feast of the Seven Deadly Sins, but the autocrat
and I were thinking of combining that with a sub-theme of Shrove Tuesday
(on the theory that they wanted to get all 7 sins out of the way before
lent :-).

I've grabbed the holidays note out of the Florigium, but was wondering
if anyone could point me to any other online or book sources to research
the holiday in all countries, although we are looking for the most
decadent of the bunch!

In other news, I am going to try and teach the ingredients substitution
course in November at the AEthelmearc Ducal University, which will be
held in the Shire of Coppertree.  It's going to be a great university,
with lots of other good classes, and is taking place in rome ny, right
near the east kingdom border on November 14th.  Mark it on your
calendars and come enjoy a great day!  Crash space is available at my
place, which is about a half hour from the site (on the syracuse side)
so don't let no place to sleep stop you!

(We will have a home ec room to teach in, so if anyone wants to teach or
has an idea, drop me a line!)

3 more weekends to Pennsic!  YIKES!
Caitlen Ruadh