SC - Yikes! I'm teaching a class!

Michael Macchione ghesmiz at UDel.Edu
Mon Jul 13 08:10:40 PDT 1998

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, LYN M PARKINSON wrote:

> Bonne,
>

> As a way of encouraging the guy teens to cook, you can relate one of
> these stories:

My mom raised 4 boys and one girl, all of whom can cook.  The technique
she used was to suddenly announce that "the maid was taking the day off",
and would proceed to go to her bedroom and lie down for a nap.
And since my dad's cooking is basically inedible.  You either cooked for
yourself, or conned one of your siblings to work for you... and that
really doesn't work for too long.  I think I was 6 when I was first handed
a pot, a can of spaghetti and pointed towards the stove.

Kael