SC - Trouting

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 14:58:11 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/13/98 3:56:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
heilveil at students.uiuc.edu writes:

<< While this sounds all well and good, I am left with a couple of questions:
 2) then these fish can be kept DRY for a month? or should they be returned
 to the brine? >>

Due to the salt and vinegar, added to the frying and pressing I would not be
surprised that they might keep a month under the right conditions. Recently I
made a pan of those breaded fish patties (I know- <gasp!>) but nevertheless I
did. ;-) 2 of them were left on the counter overnight. They were literally as
hard as a rock by morning and could well have survived a month of storage if i
had chosen to do so. :-)

A'aql (pronounced Ras)