sake (was Re: SC - Tea Blocks)

kat kat at kagan.com
Mon Jul 13 15:07:48 PDT 1998

Elisabreath, aka Shari the Beauteous, writes:

> My roommate does a Rice and Raisin wine that tastes like sake, and > it is really
> really nummy hot cold room temp anytime.  I took R&R out to San > Fran when visiting
> Kat.  Hey Kat, give them your opinion of the R&R?  (I will see about > acquiring the
> recipe, since my roomie is an experimental brewer and this is one > he does off the
> top of his head.)

<happy moan>  Wonderful stuff!!!

The taste is very unusual.  At the very first, it has a whiff of sake (is that what they call the "nose?") and it's sake when it very first hits your tongue, but instead of the bite and (often) bitter aftertaste of sake you get a lovely smooth taste that reminds me of really good sweet sherry, and hardly any aftertaste.  Incredible!  It's rather like Mary Poppins' magic medicine bottle.  :-)

We're savoring the bottle very slowly and sparingly.  My next experiment will be to try a shot of it with just a drop of cream and call it a  "Rice Pudding."  ;-)

I for one would LOVE the recipe...

Hugs,

	- k