SC - Rose Petal Liqueur

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Wed Jul 15 01:32:56 PDT 1998

Gunthar said:

>This recipe is very simple and can be made even simpler. To do it the
>correct way take a couple of pounds of organic rose petals (dried or fresh)
>and steep them in hot water for about half an hour. Strain out the petals and
>mix with sugar to make a thick syrup. Boil this and you should get a dusky
>rose
>colored syrup. Mix with vodka about 50/50 depending on the taste. Bottle
>and let
>sit for about six months is best. The vodka mellows and the rose takes on a
>cinnamon-rose flavor. This method is slower but far superior to this next,
>quick
>recipe.

  Sound utterly divine don't it?  That's definately something to try.  I
wonder how Mum would take it if I strip her rose garden right at it's peak?
Another question.  Do they have to be pink rose petals or can you use any
colour?  I know that the traditional one is pink and all the rose flavoured
things I've seen (mostly Turkish Delight is pink, but I can't remember if
they are the only edible colour roses.  Mum has some really nice orange
ones. Some advice please?

- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

		Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat,
		and taking the tartare sauce with you.

		- Zig Zigler