SC - Tomato Liqueur?

John Henschen bacchus at revealed.net
Wed Jul 15 07:56:23 PDT 1998

I know it most likely isn't period, knowing the history of tomatoes, but has
anyone tried it? I suppose someone in period MAY have tried it, in hopes
that they could use the tomato for _something_.  The tomato being a fruit,
and most cordials containing a fruit....
I personally am not a big fan of tomatoes, but in a week I'll have more of
them than I'll know what to do with. I know my father eats them raw, with
sugar sprinkled on them. So sweetness and the tomatoes should go together...
Hmmm... I wonder if it would end up like a sweet bloody mary. :)