SC - sign-on package?

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Jul 17 08:52:44 PDT 1998

> You could argue in favor of both. The first thing that comes to mind is
> that while it can be a pain to constantly rehash some of these topics, I
> wouldn't want to discourage anyone who might actually have some new
> evidence to add to the soup pot, from telling us about it. In general
> I'm against anything that would intimidate a new person into thinking
> we're opposed to free discourse. Ys, I know that's not what it is, but
> some might see it that way regardless.
>
> On the other hand, there would be no harm in referring new people
> directly to the various archives available (Hi, Stefan! ;  )   ).
>
> Adamantius

This has basically been my opinion. I don't really mind a new subscriber coming
on with a hashed-out question/opinion. Look at the information on kwas as an
example. I think if someone does come on with something that NOBODY wants to
re-hash a simple nudge to the Floregium is an excellent example. But we have
people subscribing and unsubscribing every day and I also do not want to dissuade
new members from feeling like they have a voice on this list. That's another
subject that comes from the past and not one that I wish to have repeated.

Since I am on that subject (don'cha just LOVE how I can segue?) I would like to
thank all the folk on this list, especially you really knowledgeable ones, for
the pretty consistant courteous discourse. I don't think we've frightened off
a newbie for, oh, months! Let's keep up the good work.

Now, if you would still like a FAQ we can whip one up. I work for youse guys.

Yers,

Gunthar
(Reasonable List Administrator)