Really OT: SC - Re: Shoe size

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Jul 18 19:29:05 PDT 1998

Robert Newmyer wrote:

> I have an 8 inch Dick (obtained locally) and have found it to be perfectly
> adequate. I an told that using too large a Dick interferes with the cooks
> ability to finish the task at hand and often leads to sloppy work.

All kidding aside (and the above is rife with possibilities; the effort
to be serious is almost superhuman), it has to do with things like how
much torsion your wrist is used to handling, how long your forearm is,
and how much weight you can comfortably handle, with precise, repetitive
motions, for long periods of time. Some people prefer an 8" knife, and
some a ten. I use a 10" knife for some jobs, and a 12" (although not a
Dick) for others. But then I'm a fairly big guy. Please understand this
is in no way any kind of comment on you, my lord, but my experience has
been that ladies and smaller people generally prefer smaller knives,
with the possible exception of ladies with Chinese cleavers, where the
relationship seems more in inverse proportions ;  ).

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com