SC - oop - curing ham

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sun Jul 19 16:04:21 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/19/98 7:40:47 AM US Mountain Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<<
 I'm just asking, you understand: why is your subject header "oop"?

Because I don't have documentation that it was done this way in the Middle
Ages, and because some of the directions call for refrigeration or freezing.

I agree that this method for salt cured ham has probaly been around since man
learned the savory uses of salt.  It is common sensical, simple, and tasty.
But I am new to the SCA and to this list, and have not yet built up my library
of sources.

I have just jumped in over my head a couple of times in here, but I keep
plugging because I DO want to learn as much as I can about not only how it was
done then, but how I can reproduce it today.  I find this list a WONDERFUL
resource and learning center.  Thank you all for all the things I have learned
here.

Mordonna