Genetics, WAS Re: SC - Spicing of Meats (longish)

Brenna of Lyonsbane sunnie at exis.net
Sun Jul 19 19:43:38 PDT 1998

Okay, having misspoken myself, I apologize for the confusion there.  I did not do
a specific study on the relationship between height and foot size.  I merely meant
that I have a fascination for genetics and studied it as a passion besides my
other course work in college. No, I have not published any work, as it was
undergraduate stuff that caught my fancy.  I did enjoy long debates with my
professor on the subject of human genetics, though my major interest was in blood
types (thus explaining why I drove my doctors crazy when my own children had
incompatibility problems as neonates).  We did discuss the subject of height,
weight, and other attributes which can be attributed to both genetics and
environment and why these traits are harder (in humans) to categorize.  I hope
this clears up the confusion.  I do not have my degree in the field of genetics,
but I do have a modicum of knowledge in the area.  I also have a background in
statistics.  If you would like, I can chart out all the people I know and their
heights and shoe sizes.  I doubt that would make any more an impression than
anything else I have said up to this point.

Brenna