SC - Re: OOP- interesting question

PhlipinA at aol.com PhlipinA at aol.com
Tue Jul 21 10:14:19 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/21/98 12:16:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< Interesting and ironic: many doctors (homeopathic or otherwise)
 recommend acidophilus for this, which comes from some strains of
 Bulgarian yogurt, which is made from...ahem.

Ahem? Don't tell me it's made from Bulgarians ;-)

Actually, Adamantius, the acidophilus is, IIRC, one of many strains which do
the same job, it's simply the best known since the big push a few years ago.
As you well know from our other discussions, both public and private, I'm
capable of and willing to eat anything that doesn't move fast enough, and the
only times I have had digestive problems have fallen into 3 categories: pain
medications on an empty stomach, food poisoning, and as we're discussing now,
after a heavy course of antibiotics, before my innards get repopulated.

 Conversely, I'm fascinated by the people who have yeast infections in
 their GI tracts, and become intoxicated when eating certain starches and
 sugars... >>

I also am fascinated by that subject. Any ideas how I can get one of those
yeast infections? Would sure save me a few dollars at War! ;-)

Phlip