SC - Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras/Carnival and Ducal University

jeffrey stewart heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 22 08:40:36 PDT 1998

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Gedney, Jeff wrote:

> Whale meat ( though, I am assured, probably not Kosher ) would have been
> rich and high caloric in protein and fat. As I understand it, it was
> delicious.

Actually,
If you look through the laws of Kashrut, you can get away with a lot,
merely on the fact that the writers of the Torah were not biologists.  I
am still looking for the mythical four-legged, winged animal myself, which
for some reason was used in the same sentence as the locust and
grasshopper.  So when it can to sea mammals, err fish, er....

Bogdan