SC - homogenization???

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 22 10:01:07 PDT 1998

jeffrey stewart heilveil wrote:

> So, am I supposed to
> keep it out of the frige, or just re-suspend the oil layer?  Also, is
> there a specific reason that when chilled the almond milk picks up an oily
> taste to it, even when remixed??

I can't say about storing it; I've always made it and used it
immediately, so I've never had that problem. As for an oily taste, one
possibility is that the almonds had become slightly rancid, and/or when
remixed the oil phase was not properly emulsified back into the water
phase. Kinda like when you have an ordinary-looking vinaigrette, which
breaks in your mouth, leaving you with harsh vinegar running down your
throat and a tongue full of oil?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy