SC - curing ham

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 22 23:39:47 PDT 1998

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Thanks for this confirmation, Adamantius. But what is this "charcuterie"?
> I assume this is some kind of ham or some kind of preserving but more details
> would be useful.

Close. Literally translated from French, it means "meat cookery", but
generally means the preparation of pork products like ham, bacon,
sausage of various kinds, liver pates, and just about any other product,
fresh or preserved, made from pork. Ordinary raw meat is sold in the
boucherie or butcher shop.

> And Mordonna, this has been an excellant set of articles from you. I'm
> currently trying to figure out whether to group all of your messages
> in one linear file or to put each individual message into one or more
> files (ham, sausage, butchering etc.) for the Florilegium.

Separate with hyperlinks isn't an option, I suppose ;  ) ? Very nice
articles!

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com