SC - Pilafs

Knott, Deanna Deanna.Knott at GSC.GTE.Com
Thu Jul 23 09:05:21 PDT 1998

Greetings!

I have an Armenian friend that makes a simple rice pilaf that is
*wonderful*.  He was telling me how to make it.  I asked,"Can you make it
with beef stock?"  He said,'No, that is a different kind of pilaf made with
cracked wheat."  We then started discussing the various forms of Pilaf.  He
mentioned one made with rice, currants, pine nuts (yum) and mussels.

Since his Old World cookbook vanished, does anyone have recipes for either
one?

Thanks,
Avelina, Lady Keyes

p.s.  Still looking for a recipe for Scotch Tea-Oat-Cake-Cookie stuff,
please.....

http://www.geocities.com/athens/academy/9523
updated 7/22/98

Deanna Knott