SC - Clarification-long

Brenna of Lyonsbane sunnie at exis.net
Thu Jul 23 10:50:02 PDT 1998

maddie teller-kook wrote:

> Is there a possibility you got Pediazole as a child? or even Erythromycin as a child? Both
> are very common antibiotics and used frequently. Even taking Biaxin and then taking
> Erythromycin can cause a reaction.  Plus, antibiotics are added to feeds for meat and
> chicken. There is a possibility you could have been exposed that way.
>
> Just a thought,
> Meadhbh

Possibly, the chicken, though I still eat chicken with no problems which would indicate that
this was not the problem, as I was violently allergic (one dose shut me down).  No, I have
never had pediazole or Biaxin.  I have seen my complete file.  Due to my greivous reactions to
other drugs, my doctors were always leery to try new things on me.  Whenever they did, it was a
crap shoot for a week to see what happened, so anything new was cause for a stir.  Up to that
point, all of my reactions were to decongestants.  This was my first (and only) antibiotic
response.

Brenna