SC - Re: SC poudre forte

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jul 23 22:20:08 PDT 1998

Ras said:

>BTW, you can also buy powder fort from the Pipperer's Guild at Pennsic. I have
>not tried their blend but intend on purchacing some this year.

I bought some Poudre Forte from the Pepperer's Guild at Pennsic two years ago.
The spices in theirs, at least two years ago, were:
cubebs, cloves, mace, ginger, pepper, cassia, cinnamon (zelanicum) and
grains of paradise.

I first went to them to get some galingale. But what I wanted it for
was a poudre Forte mentioned in whatever cookbook I was using then. Since
they had it already mixed up, I bought this instead. Although now that
I look at the ingredient list I wrote down on the bottle I don't know if
it never had galingale in it or if I left it out.

While I'm at Pennsic this year, (yea!) I am going to use the list you all put
together here recently to help me buy some more spices from the Pepperer's
Guild.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net