SC - Kosher questions

jeffrey stewart heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 26 19:55:33 PDT 1998

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> meals (especially when I worked at a hotel).  For example, you cannot
> serve meat and milk products in the same dish, for the more orthodox, not
> even in the same meal.  Some Rabbis will tell you the same is true for

Though I know some conservative Jews that have some timing thing about
meat and milk.  I forget exactly how it works (since I don't keep kosher),
but if one of them is eaten first you have to wait half and hour before
having the other, and if it is the other way around you are supposed to
wait three hours. It was supposed to have been because of digestion times,
so I guess if milk is first it's a half hour.

Just some more odd tidbits.

Cu drag,
Bogdan