SC - Stefan's Florilegium files and how to best access them for a newbie...

Balldrich BallBarian BoulderBain msca at c2i2.com
Mon Jul 27 09:39:04 PDT 1998

	I am beginning to wonder if it would not be easier to build a simple
tutorial that leads the new user to the various places to go without
overburdening him with long lists of key words.  Something like:

 "This is SCA Cooks, we have available the following types of assistance. .
. "
	a short laundry list that does not go anywhere,
"This is Stefan's Florilegium where you can find topics like. . . "
	a short laundry list of topics
"This is how to enter this listing. . "
	into a special file that starts with a FAQ page and then leads into
Stefan's Florilegium and / or the regular list we all read.

	It would almost have to be a program that will lead the newcomer into the
areas we lurk and store information.  I think something like this would
have computer novice like me and would also have clued me in on terms and
protocol of using this message area.

Balldrich

> From: Bonne <oftraquair at hotmail.com>
> To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: SC - Stefan's Florilegium files
> Date: July 26, 1998 10:56 AM
>
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> >
> > Niccolo commented:
> >
> > >A FAQ page could be just the ticket.  It would, likewise, be a basic
> > >resource/springboard (READ: inspiration for further investigations)
for