SC - Award of interest (long!)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jul 27 19:50:25 PDT 1998

Brenna wrote:
> > >The Order of the Burdened Tyger is in the gift of the Crown of the
> > >East
> > >for an event or a feast that the Crown has attended. It may not be
> > >given
> > >at the event for which it is "earned", and it is intended for those
> > >responsible for events or feasts either of unusual quality _or_ ones
> > >run
> > >under extreme duress.
>
> Ohhh, so in other words, the feast at the Coronation of Michael and Seonid
> (sp?-sorry your Majesty) in Atlantia this spring should have merited such an
> award.  The feast was on time and delicious despite delays to the rest of the
> day because of a gas explosion in the kitchen.  With one injured, alot of frayed
> nerves, and many a hero, the feast was still one of the best I have ever had.

Yes, that is exactly the kind of thing for which the Burdened Tyger
exists, and I'm surprised that the kingdom of Atlantia has no similar
award, since they were part of the Eastrealm long after the institution
of the award in the East. I'm surprised it didn't seem to come naturally
to the folk and Crown of Atlantia. Perhaps there is something else the
Crown does for such people?

Adamantius

P.S.: I see this thread is in danger of becoming unpleasant. Personally,
I'd much prefer to see it end and have us discuss something more
important, than see it become ugly. I'm sure we can maintain some
decorum here, if we all pitch in, whether we see ourselves as
responsible for a given bad condition or not. Hey, I got the thing, it
must be my fault. There. Honor is satisfied.
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com