SC - The Dreaded Subject (was Re: Kitchen Steward)

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Jul 29 15:41:40 PDT 1998

I really dread getting onto this topic, but...

BBB writes:
> 	If we agree that the term should be Kitchen Steward then let
>  us just use that term at every drop of the hat and every time we
>  have announcements printed in newsletters.  Folks we come
>  around to the usage and if it confuses them we can explain it.
>  Editors of newsletters will probably be the first to raise eyebrows at
>  the new term but they can be trained, they are after all literate. . .

The trouble I have encountered in my last two endeavors has been that, in my carefully worded announcements that I emailed/faxed into the Kingdom newsletter, complete with the little footnote explaining the new and 'proper' usage, my carefully worded announcement was printed with the word "Kitchener" cut out and the word "Feastocrat" stuck right back in.

Like everything else, this will take time...

	- k