SC - courts running long

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 30 13:31:28 PDT 1998

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 30-Jul-98 SC - courts running
long by kat at kagan.com
> So why not make a trial run at doing it the way we do it in the West,
and hold c
> ourt between courses?  First course serves at five, second course at 6
or 6:30,
> third course at 7 or at 8, respectively, and in between plenty of room
for court
>  and entertainment.  Works like a charm...  <G>

I don't know--as a herald whose done court during dinner, and as one
whose tried to hurry court along so we could all go to dinner, my
preference is for the latter option.  I guess you can process up, then
down, then up, then down, then up, then down, but it looks bad, and
there's little worse than standing and watching everyone else eat a
wonderful meal...

Frankly, it's the autocrats job to either communicate to the kitchen
when dinner will be served early enough so that plans can be changed, or
to see that the day's activities move along so that court can happen and
dinner be served at the scheduled time.

toodles, margaret