SC - Chicken on a string

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Jul 1 12:37:01 PDT 1998

Well, Phoo!  I've got so many archives, I can't find anything!!!  And the
couple who made it are on their honeymoon.

I don't know how the chicken was seasoned, perhaps just with a little oil
and salt, but it's the method--you dig a hole, fill it with charcoal and
get good hot coals, tie your whole chicken firmly around its middle with
the string, tie the top of the string to your tripod/cleft stick
arrangement/whatever, then twist the chicken round 'n round 'n  round 'n
round 'n round 'n round 'n...you get the idea.  Let go of the chicken.

 Lie back with a cool one while chickie slowly revolves, basting himself
evenly.  I have no idea how many times you have to rewind the chicken;
depends on height of chicken above coals, I presume, which would allow xx
number of twists.  Makes a great, moist, tasty roast chicken, no dishes
to wash--except serving platter and knife--and is a great way, as someone
else stated, to get people to come over and talk to you while it's
happening.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com