SC - cider apples

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jul 3 22:47:15 PDT 1998

At 2:27 PM +0100 6/29/98, Yeldham, Caroline S wrote:

>There is a place that 'stores' all the old apple varieties it can, but I
>don't have details; I would suggest contacting someone like Kew Gardens
>(which has a seed library) or the Royal Horticultural Society.  The
>Henry Doubleday Research Society (?) might be able to help too.

In the USA, Southmeadow Fruit Gardens (2363 Tilbury Place, Birmingham,
Michigan 48009) sells a huge variety of old apples and other fruits, and
has a very knowlegable and informative catalogue which cost $10 as of a few
years ago.  Clearly one of the people who runs the place is an enthusiast.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook (gradually catching up on the list)