SC - Re: Food Guide (Silly)

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Jul 7 16:19:30 PDT 1998

Joanna,

<snip>
...learn pysanky soon,

pysanky?

and then you said....

>My other bad habit is teas.  I like exotic flavors of tea and herb teas,
>but not real often.  I have teas in my cabinet that are 20 years old, no
>kidding.  Does anyone know if they might still be good?  How long does
>tea last in captivity?  I am tempted to try them, but am afraid it is
>stale or some intresting microbes may have taken up residence.  Shouli I
>just toss it and start over?  Looking at my tea collection brings back
>fond memories of college, and I am 44!  Any suggestions?

Joanna honey, start over with the teas. If they're not rancid at the very
least they're stale. Yuck! As well, if you've moved or have a damp climate
then you haven't provided a stable environment for them. They tend to become
very cranky lumpy and traumatized with that instability. Do yourself a favor....

I tend to take real offense at old comestibles and penicillin like
substances in my house. Not that it never happens but I really try and plan
for it not to. And besides I have two men in the house that just love to eat
so I don't tend to have this problem often!

BTW, whats a frozen dinner? :)

Micaylah
- -who is off to make raspberry cornmeal muffins for War Practise-