SC - OT: Fw: Velvet...a passion!

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 18:53:18 PDT 1998

The Cheshire Cat wrote:

> >The vast number of general, kingdom, regional and specialized lists in the SCA
> >really ought to allow the specialized lists to stay on topic.  If a someone
> >wishes cooking advice, this is the place.  Similarly, should one of the cooks
> >need cloth information, we can ask the populace on a general list or sign up
> >for a sewing list.
>
> Some cooks, surprise though it may be to some, enjoy costuming as well.

Count me as one of them.  But the idea that cross-posting and re-posting such
announcments ought to be done means I received this message, as well as the
one about linen 4 times.

>If
> we kept everything 'on topic' it would be quite a boring list.

Thread drift is something else.  If the conversation wanders its way from
cooking to clothing, that's one thing.  But re-posting and cross posting
advertisements isn't necessary.

>  Besides, if
> someone asks for information, any information whether it be cooking or
> other, and I can supply some, I certainly won't hesitate to reply and I
> like to think that the others would do the same instead of refusing to help
> on the grounds that this is a 'cooking' list.  Not everything is made of
> pastry and bread dough you know.
>
> -Sianan

I must have missed the post requesting information on purchasing velvet. My
apologies. Certainly, responding to a specific request is kind.

Bonne