SC - Travel Bread

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Jul 9 07:13:58 PDT 1998

Just a general question..... Dr. Henry Lumpkin in his lecture series "The
History of Warfare" Made the statement that travel bread was made in a bagel
shape, threaded through rope and hung around the horses neck when traveling
light (Such as a Knight on horseback).

I know it's a longshot, and since Dr.Lumpkin either drowned or died from a
heart attack (His car went into a lake while he was driving and having a heart
attack, but that's not important), I was wondering if any of you bread experts
out there could point me to an actual written historical reference to this?

Did traval bread sometimes come in the form of a bagel and was the function to
be hung on a rope?

Actually, when you think about how much jews had to travel... it makes sense,
but if anybody knows where to look, point me in the right direction please?

Corwyn