SC - Jerked Meat

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Sat Jul 11 22:32:35 PDT 1998

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, jeffrey stewart heilveil wrote:

> Does anyone have a smoke-preserved/dried-preserved meat recipe that is
> period?  If not, if anyone has a dried-preserved that can be done in an
> oven, I would be deeply in their debt.

No period recipies, but try setting your oven to 40-60 C (105-140 F),
leaving the oven door slightly ajar (a wooden spoon helps here). Cut
_lean_ meat into strips "across the grain" and place on a rack, not
directly on a cookie sheet. This is what I do for veggies, and I've been
told that it works with meat as well.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                           parlei(at)algonet.se
http://www.algonet.se/~parlei
"Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends
are."