SC - Pysanky info

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 12 17:25:19 PDT 1998

>>...learn pysanky soon,
>pysanky?

>Micaylah

Painted eggs done in eastern Europe and Russia. There is a little bit
in this file in the CRAFTS section of my Florilegium:
pysanky-eggs-msg  (10K) 12/30/97    Painted and dyed eggs of eastern Europe.

I wish I had more information on this. I took an interesting class on this
at TFYC, but not having done any of it since then I’ve forgotten a lot of
it.

You don't paint the designs on the egg with a brush. You put wax on the egg
where you don't want dye. Then you dip the egg in dye. After the dye dries, you
remove the wax. Then you apply more wax where you don't want the next coat of
dye and dip the egg in the dye. And again. etc.

My files are at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

(Now you know what to do with all those egg shells left from the frittours.)