SC - Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras/Carnival and Ducal University

geneviamoas at juno.com geneviamoas at juno.com
Mon Jul 13 21:53:58 PDT 1998

Just a tid bit of info I picked up somewhere... Shrove Tuesday was the
last day you could have fats before the lenten Fasting began so they
tried to use it all up. So what do you do with oils and fats you can't
use? Grease the pig? Just rambling now  - Genevia

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998 01:12:54 -0400 Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
writes:
>Rebecca E Tants wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks -
>>SNIP>>>>
>>
>It would seem some of the French Mardi Gras dishes that have survivied
) it is customary to eat pancakes for tea on