SC - Rose Liqueur

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Jul 14 07:08:27 PDT 1998

> Ummm, 'scuse me... was that a recipe at the end ? I only got gobbledy
> gook. Please again!? Genevia
>
> SNIP
> >Would you be willing to share the recipe of your Rose Petal Liqueur?
> >
> >Brian Songy

Okay, here we go again.

The recipe is pretty simple either way you do it. The best way to make the
liqueur is to get some organically grown rose petals and steep them in hot
water for about 30 minutes until the water is a dark pink. Then strain out the
petals and add about 50% sugar and boil down to make a syrup. Let this cool
to room temperature and mix with vodka to taste. Around 50/50, I guess. This
will taste rather harsh and not a lot of rose flavor but let it sit for 5 to
6 months and it mellows wonderfully.

A quick way to do this is to go to a local Middle Eastern Market and buy Rose
Syrup. Mix with vodka to taste and let sit a month. I used this method last week
because I wanted to present some to Her Highness. After sitting only three days
it was good enough that ladies were wanting to purchase some.

But the first version is far superior.

Yers,

Gunthar