SC - Rose Petal Liqueur

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Jul 15 07:18:15 PDT 1998

>   Sound utterly divine don't it?  That's definately something to try.  I
> wonder how Mum would take it if I strip her rose garden right at it's peak?
> Another question.  Do they have to be pink rose petals or can you use any
> colour?  I know that the traditional one is pink and all the rose flavoured
> things I've seen (mostly Turkish Delight is pink, but I can't remember if
> they are the only edible colour roses.  Mum has some really nice orange
> ones. Some advice please?
>
> -Sianan

I'm sure it makes little difference in taste what roses you use. I like the red
ones simply because they make such a wonderful "rosey" color. Be sure the roses
are organic or cleaned very, very well. Some of the stuff they spray on them can
be nasty.

Yers,

Gunthar

(Hoping to have some Apple cordial, Rose Liqueur, Violet Liqueur, Creme de Menthe,
small mead and kvass by Laurel's Prize Tourney.)