SC - period snack foods? (was corn chips)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 15 07:31:26 PDT 1998

One of the things that made me cranky at the Los Angeles area
Renaissance Faires is the omnipresent 'Churros' stands.  If they had
billed the tasty fried batter treats as 'Spanish Cryspes' or something
like that, I could buy the idea.  One of my star moments at RenFaire was
getting chewed out for minute details of my costume by some mucky-muck
who thought I worked there -- right in front of the Churros and Beef
Teriyaki sellers.  How ironic is that?

Selene, who never worked Faire a day