SC - Craspois

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Jul 26 19:47:35 PDT 1998

LYN M PARKINSON wrote:

> Thank you, Mistress Elizabeth, I'd never come across that.  As whale is
> now protected in this country, what do you suppose might substitute if we
> wanted to try comparing the dishes of peas?  I don't think salt cod would
> do it.  Probably, the whale meat had a fishy taste to it, even though it
> is a mammal, since chicken does when the chicken feed is too high in fish
> meal.
>
> Regards,
>
> Allison
>
> allilyn at juno.com

Possibly salted, smoked or jerked (as in jerky, not the Carribean stuff,
which, whilst yummers, is different) salmon belly or tuna belly. Both
have a fair amount of fat, which would seem to be necessary for a food
to resemble bacon. Still a big textural difference. Maybe some kind of
fish-eating bird?

Adamantius, 'ho doesn't 'ave any chocolate ices...'e's just got this
ALBATROSS!!!
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com