SC - Product Improvement

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jul 27 21:53:11 PDT 1998

In a message dated 7/28/98 12:12:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< I was wondering in what ways Ras considered today's product inferior >>

Bacon today does not keep long outside of refrigeration and it's flavor has
deteroirated.

<<(Ras, are there *any* of today's grocery products you think have improved?)

Truthfully? Very few;and, those exceptions are not "period". :-) For instance
baking powder, yeast strains, high yeilding disease resistant flavorful garden
crops, fresher spices etc. Basically we can make a mean carrot cake but not a
decent bacon. :-) Modern commercially available meat is inferior so far as
flavor is concerned as anyone who has eaten a range fed chicken or a steer can
attest to.

Since  my hobby is basically "food", I find any loss of flavor outweighs any
percieved benefit from it's loss.

I hope I have answered your question.

Ras