SC - rancid meat

GARY.J LUCKMAN gluckman at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jul 28 01:24:11 PDT 1998

Despite the best efforts of a number of chefs in Australia, witchetty
grubs are still rarely seen on the menu of of restaurants, regardless of
the type of restaurant it may be.  Tourists to the Red Centre are often
offered grubs along with other delicacies fondly called bush tucker
(various roots, berries, etc) plus snake, etc.  The inclusion of wattle
seeds (nutritious and delicious) is a major step forward for
restaurants.  Grubs and bogong moths may take a little longer.

Cheers
Rakhel Petrovna