SC -"run-shot" game

WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Tue Jul 28 04:16:53 PDT 1998

Allison:

Sorry this took so long for a response.  I've been moving after my apartment
flooded for the 3rd time in 18 months.  Now I'm on the 2nd floor, high and
dry, but living out of boxes.  Thanks the gods for the SCA.  Several of the
fighter types from my shire pitched in (on one day's notice, mind you), and
moved me and all my accumulated stuff in 3 hours.  I was amazed, and very
grateful.  My computer just got re-hooked up last night, and I'm playing
catch-up.

Regarding run-shot meat:  The length of time you soak it in plain water is
determined by your nose.  I start with the meat frozen solid, put it in water,
and change the water every four hours until the meat is thawed.  Then I change
the water every two hours, giving it a good sniff every time it's drained.
When I can't smell the fear anymore, I marinade it in apple cider and Scotch
whisky, with whatever spices I feel like grabbing from the cabinet (vive la
difference).  I marinade for about eight hours (overnight, basically), then I
braise the meat in the oven, set at about 300 degrees Fahrenheit, until it's
done.  As you can see, it is a time-eating process, but when you believe in
the adage "waste not, want not", time has very little to do with reality.  The
taste of the meat is well worth the effort, and nothing goes to waste.

Hope this helps.

Walk in peace,
Wolfmother