SC - Kitchen steward.

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Jul 29 09:22:29 PDT 1998

- --------------9E5A001F82412C3B965E15A5

Wouldn't 'hall steward' better describe the autocrat? HGe is the one in
charge of the physical property and entertainments in the hall...
margali

<<Brenna wrote:Maybe I'm mistaken, but THL Elspeth of Harilow always
used the terms (ugh!) autocrat, feastocrat, and hall steward (which was
akin to a head wench in a tavern setting- he/she was responsible for
organizing the servers and making sure the hall was ready for feast).
Is this not a readily accepted set of terms (until people push for a
change, of course)?  Locally, people know what we mean when we use the
term hall steward.  Just looking for information here.
Brenna

- --------------9E5A001F82412C3B965E15A5

<HTML>
Wouldn't 'hall steward' better describe the autocrat? HGe is the one in
charge of the physical property and entertainments in the hall...
<BR>margali

<P><<Brenna wrote:Maybe I'm mistaken, but THL Elspeth of Harilow
always used the terms (ugh!) autocrat, feastocrat, and <I>hall steward</I>
(which was akin to a head wench in a tavern setting- he/she was responsible
for organizing the servers and making sure the hall was ready for feast).
Is this not a readily accepted set of terms (until people push for a change,
of course)?  Locally, people know what we mean when we use the term
hall steward.  Just looking for information here.
<BR>Brenna
<BR> </HTML>

- --------------9E5A001F82412C3B965E15A5--