SC - Cuisiniers

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Jul 29 22:24:28 PDT 1998

> Although humor may not be evident to some,  at the moment I read >your
post, I thought a  period term! Kewl!. Then I thought of Kitchen >Steward
and started laughing.

We started talking about Cuisinier and Chiquart, and BAM!, we just knew
it would be "Cuisinart" before it got printed in the first flyer.
As far as I know, Popular Chivalry will print whatever titles the folks
in charge of the event send.  We have a variety of titles used, sometimes
one-time things that go with an event.  However, as I recall sometime
back, someone on the Midrealm list was complaining because of so many
different titles being used for flyers that sometimes it was hard to
figure out who to send your money to, and who was in charge of food!
I think the Feast/Cook/Steward/BottleWasher should decide what they want
to be called, but if you all insist on changing even the word list that
goes out to newcomers, I suppose I will have to go along with it.
(Grumble, grumble, mutter, harumph).  It just seems so, ..... politically
correct, somehow.  Oh, well, I guess I am just stuck in the past.

>I would enjoy meeting you in person some day and sharing a kitchen
>story or
>two sometime.
>
>Ras

I, too, am anxious to meet you, Mistress Rhiannon and I were talking
about you this very evening, wondering what someone who has been
described as a cross between George Custer and Col. Sanders in a
Middle-Eastern personna was going to look like!  I will be at the Cook's
List reception, and I will be glad to swap stories.
	Christianna