SC - OT: Hunyadi Cake - was - Spoon Teasing

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jul 31 05:55:53 PDT 1998

catherine allison wrote:

> >Subject: SC - OT: Hunyadi Cake - was - Spoon Teasing
> Hello,
>
> I have a couple of questions about the recipe. What type of chocolate?
> And when is the sugar used? This sounds really yummy and can't wait to
> make it.
>
> Alisyn of Greenbriar(Bjornborg)

Hey, good points! I've quoted the recipe as I have it, but...

It's been a couple of years since I made this. Presumably, since there is other
sugar called for , but not much (a generous half cup not being a huge amount in
cake terms), bittersweet dark chocolate is probably what is called for. Baker's
sweet chocolate would probably be just fine. I'd beat the sugar with the egg
yolks and add the chocolate and the chestnuts to that.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com