SC - MacDonalds

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jul 31 12:20:48 PDT 1998

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 31-Jul-98 SC - MacDonalds
Michael F. Gunter at fnc.fu (1032)

> One good note on this is that I believe that MacDonalds, the conglomerate,
> actually lost the case.

> Or at least one can hope.

Yup, I believe The MacDonald filed a "friend of the court" brief to the
effect that, in Scotland at any rate, the name "MacDonald" belonged to
him, and it had belonged to his family for hundreds of year, and he
could prove it, by gum (mumble mumble foreign corpoation), and if some
mumble, mumble corporation thought it could relieve him of the control
of the MacDonald name, they had another think coming.

toodles, margaret