SC - Roots

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jun 2 20:36:44 PDT 1998

At 09:08 PM 02/06/98 EDT, Meghan wrote:

>Has anyone tried storing freshly purchased pine nuts bought in quantity in the
>freezer? I've had occasion to find them at very good prices, and I'd love to
>know if anyone else has found success with this. I'm curious if the natural
>oils in the nuts would cause them to freeze badly or get mushy.

Yes indeed! They store very well in the freezer and it stops the oil in the
nuts going rancid. They defrost beatifully. This is recommended for all nuts
and seeds and "high qual" suppliers always store them this way.

Rowan

Robyn Probert
Customer Service Manager		Phone +61 2 9239 4999
Services Development Manager		Fax   +61 2 9221 8671
Lawpoint Pty Limited			Sydney NSW  Australia