SC - RE: Grains of Paradise (importing to Aust.)

The Cheshire Cat sianan at geocities.com
Thu Jun 4 05:13:20 PDT 1998

> Now wait a minum Corwyn. Kudzu is quite edible, the fibers can be made
>  into fine cloth and paper and in a pinch can be used as fodder for
>  livestock. Valuable stuff you've got there. You sure you want to go
>  giving away green gold? - Genevia

We could give it away by the ton and have more the next year. I think it's
related to mint<g>. I've read all about kudzu, and aside from the occasional
farmer who lets his livestock out to graze on it, nobody makes use of it.

I've been thinking of "pickeling" the young leaves in brine like you do grape
leaves and making southern dolmodies(sp?). I also thought of candying the
flowers, whick smell like a grape lollypop, fresh they taste starchy, but
candied perhaps....

These are all projects for the future though... until then

Corwyn