SC - Yorkshire pudding.

Sarah Oldenburg flidais6868 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:48:24 PDT 1998

                      defending autocrats                          6/4/98

(from behind the rock, since her armor doesn't fit anymore, and her shield
doesn't quite cover the 7+ month girth)
Since we were discussing chivalry earlier, I just thought I'd say:
Yes, I have seen some autocrats mess up events and make the other "crats"
miserable with unperiod or unreasonable demands.  But without them we would
not have events, and I am sure that *most* of the time they are not trying to
make the other providers miserable, but to make the event pleasurable for the
masses.  I think if a feast went "bad" or somebody was really unhappy.. it
would most likely be the autocrat who heard about it, and had to clean up
after it... at least that is what I have seen.
If we corrupt the general populace to our way of thinking, then the autocrats
will follow.
"Here pirate boy, and you in the pink lace peasant fantasy get-up, and you in
the black leather (shudder!) barbarian outfit... isn't this tasty?  Go tell
that nice frazzled person over there that next time *you* want some of this...
and volunteer to help them out while you are at it"
- -brid (the pregnant lady gets distracted by the food *under* the rock that
someone smuggled from the Cathedral kitchen, and waddles off the soap box, to
snack and stick her fat toes in the hot-tub)