SC - Yorkshire pudding.

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 20:00:24 PDT 1998

In a message dated 6/4/98 5:33:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Njs at mccalla.com
writes:

<<  eat bread, just that there
 are no/few remaining recipes we can find.  The trick is to find
 references from literature, art, song, etc. of the period and make
 inferential bridges based on fundamental knowledge of techniques from
 the same time/region.

 Any thoughts?

 niccolo >>

I agree. Since jams are basically fruit that has stewed a little too long I
find it unreasonable to think that jam did not exist. OTH,Jellies I would have
more of a problem with,. Unfortunately, I do not lnow of any medieval
literature that refers to this food either. On gut instinct and logic , I
would say continue serving it, just don't list it as "medieval". :-)

Ras