SC - New to List

geneviamoas@juno.com geneviamoas at juno.com
Thu Jun 4 21:23:45 PDT 1998

Hi List,

I used to work for Alfalfa's Market, here in Boulder CO, where there are
more "food sensitivities" per square inch than anywhere else on earth!

A  local-boy-makes-good story goes as follows:

Moms of children "allergic" to cows milk come into store, asking me (
knowledgeable demo person) for something to put on the little darlings
morning cereal (at $7 per box, because they are "allergic" to every
grain known to man but the one grown in the farest reaches of
civilization, accessible only by yak for two weeks out of the year).
Knowledgeable demo person zips over to the refridgerator case and grabs
quart of ALMOND MILK. Mom looks dubious, kid looks bored. Samples poured
for all present. Kid tastes, Mom tastes. Mom is about to say all the
requisite "she's so sensitive" stuff when kid holds out cup a la Oliver
for "more, please". Mom is shocked silent (knowledgeable demo person
gives thanks for small favors). Mom buys multiple quarts of almond milk
in a variety of flavors at $3 a pop.

Repeat 3 or 4 times daily.

Local boy makes good.

Hearts everywhere warm to this mooving story.

Mary Denise/Marged