Hazelnut recipes (was Re: SC - Pine nuts)

kat kat at kagan.com
Fri Jun 5 11:57:12 PDT 1998

Leah anna and Tyrca wrote:

 When I was growing up, my mother used to
make fried bread for breakfast.
     She allowed the dough to rise until doubled,
then would take a ball of
     dough and pat it into a round, like a
hamburger patty.  She would then fry
     the bread in a bit of oil (she actually used
lard or bacon drippings, but
     I'm trying to lower the cholesterol) until
golden brown.  The texture was
     more like a yeast doughnut, without the
icing.
<<<<<<<<

>My mother and grandmother used to do the same thing, but we called
>them scones.  I was truly amazed when I got older and found the cold,
>dry bisquit things that the Scots called scones.

My mom and I would get the Pilsbury biscuits in a can and then cut a hole in
the middle and fry them up and dip them in sugar and cinnamon.  Our homemade
donuts were the best!

Murkial

Christi Redeker
Digital Equipment Corporation