SC - Rice, Pasta, and walking on eggs...

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sun Jun 7 18:18:51 PDT 1998

Christianna said...
<snip>
No one
>had more than one meal to produce, and I think everyone enjoyed
>themselves (feastcrats included).  It can be done, and I think with that
>many meals going, it has to be done in a manner similar to the above.
>Different cooks in the same meal?  Sure, but as you found out, it has to
>have Someone in Charge.
>(Is that the inner Pelican in me speaking out?  Hm, maybe it and my inner
>child should go for nap time now...)

Another good thing I like to do is create an atmoshpere condusive to "having
a good time" while preparing feast for 200 or 300 of your closest friends. I
bring my boombox and some 90 minute tapes of period music (I hide the box
under a tapestry), have a little wine for the cooks and kitchen helpers
(site permitting) and have even lit some enclosed candles (safely tucked
away of course). I will also allow visitors in occasionally (Only if we are
on schedule and that means everybody). Works well, and gives the "hardest
jobs of all"  at an event, a good time for us as well.

Micaylah <yawn>
- -Who is very tired after just coming home from a Petrea Thule/Helly's Annual
Weekend at the Cottage, where I had 7.5 hours sleep since Friday morn, drank
somewhat ardently (but prudently), did some very strange things, spent only
2 hours at the event, smelt some very bad shit, ran around in some very
strange company, and so if my posting is somewhat bizzare...thats okay! Oh
God...Murder Melee is only two weekends away!-

zzzzzzzzzz