SC - coconut milk

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Sun Jun 7 19:58:44 PDT 1998

here's what I got.  as you can see there are still some problems. Any
body got the answers? Genevia

From: "Deborah Schumacher" <chicagojo at my-dejanews.com>

Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 14:56:04 -0700
Subject: SC - Fwd: Fwd: [Mid] Food from Kingdom A&S

Many people have requested this recipes and I have decided to post them
here.

Enjoy Magnus Campbell of Breadalbane

Menu from HRM Keena's Kingdom A&S Curia Meal

First Course
Olives
Brioche
Whipped Roast Garlic Butter
Marinated Mushrooms

Second Course
Fresh Tri-color Tomato Salad
Olive and Potato Salad
Rosemary Garlic Chicken
Grilled Eggplant with Fresh Tomatoes and Basil
Tarragon and Almond Green Beans

Dessert Course
Drambuie Shortbread
Cloved Strawberries
Fresh Cream

Brioche

1=BD 	cup	Milk
3	packages	Quick Rise Yeast
3	tbsp.	Sugar or Honey
3	tbsp.	Butter
2	tsp.	Salt
8	cups	Bread Flour
3	whole	Eggs
1	cup	Butter
1	whole	egg
=BC	cup	water

First make a sponge, warm the milk with the sugar, butter, & salt.
Cool to lukewarm. Sprinkle yeast over milk mixture let stand 10 min.
If yeast is active, this mixture should be covered with foam. In
stand mixer with paddle, add 2=BD cups of flour and mix for 3-5
minutes until very elastic
. Add eggs. Change to dough hook and add 3=BD cups of flour slowly.
  Add butter in small clumps and let it get kneaded in. Add enough
of remain flour until the dough cleans sides of bowl.
 Place into greased bowl. Rise until double. Punch down. Let rest
for 5 minutes.
Divide into fourths. Form three pieces into round loaves. Place onto a
cornmeal covered baking sheet. Divide fourth piece into thirds form
into balls. Score a cross into the top of the large loaves and place
the small balls atop the cross.  Preheat 350=BA oven.
Rise until double, brush with egg mixture and bake until sounds
hollow when thumped with knuckle.

Whipped Roast Garlic Butter

1	head	Garlic
2	tbsp.	oil
=BD	cup	milk
1	lb.	Butter, soften
2	tsp.	Salt

Preheat 350=BA oven. Cut off top of head of garlic. Coat garlic with
oil and roast 20-30 minutes until soft. Cool. Squeeze garlic into
milk. Blend until
smooth. Add milk and salt to butter. Whip until smooth and fluffy.

Marinated Mushrooms and Sweet Onions

3	cups	Italian dressing
2	cups	Vinegar
2	cups	Vegetable oil
2	tbsp.	Salt
3	tbsp.	Sugar
2	tsp.	Red pepper flakes
3	whole	Vidalla onions slices thick
5	lbs.	Mushrooms quartered

Combine all ingredients except mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Simmer 10
minutes. Pour over mushrooms.  Refrigerate for 3 days. Pour off extra
liquid, store up to another 3 days in just enough liquid to cover.
Reserve extra liquid for Tri-color Tomato Salad.

Tri-color Tomato Salad

4	whole	Red Tomatoes
4	whole	Orange Tomatoes
4	whole	Yellow Tomatoes
1	bunch	Fresh Basil Leaves
10	oz	Goat Cheese Crumbled
		Reserved Liquid from Mushrooms
=BC	cup	Roasted garlic
2	tbsp.	Dried basil leaves

Slice tomatoes and arrange. Mince the basil and sprinkle over tomatoes
with goat cheese crumbles.  In blender combine all other ingredients.
Pour over tomatoes and reserved extra for use with eggplant.

Olive & Potato Salad

7	lbs.	Red new potatoes quartered, steamed, and cooled
1	large	Red onion minced
1	large	Yellow onion minced
3	stalks	Celery
20	oz	Olives, drained
3 	cups	Italian dressing
2	tbsp.	Dried basil leaves
		Salt and Pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and cool. Allow favors to blend overnight.

Grilled Eggplant with Fresh Tomatoes and Basil

3		Eggplants, sliced lengthwise, salted, and drained
1	whole	Red Tomatoes
1	whole	Orange Tomatoes
1	whole	Yellow Tomatoes
8	slices	grilled Brioche
 10	oz	Goat Cheese sliced
		Reserved Liquid from Tomato Salad
1	bunch	Fresh Basil Leaves

	Slice tomatoes & eggplant night before. Pour =BE reserved liquid
over
tomatoes & eggplant. Grill eggplant and tomatoes.  Arrange eggplant on
th=
bread slices. Top with Tomatoes and goat cheese. Drizzle liquid over
thes=
open faced sandwiches. Warm through under broiler and top with minced
bas=
il
leaves.

Rosemary Garlic Chicken

7	whole	Chickens cut into pieces
2	heads	Garlic
1	cup	Rosemary or =BD dried
1	cup	soy sauce
2	cups	olive oil
2	cups	Chianti

	Cut, wash, & dry chickens. Combine all other ingredients in
blender. Pour over chicken and refrigerate for 1 day. Grill and baste
chicken pieces.
Place chicken into baking pans and top with water. Bake in 325* oven
for 2 hours. Chicken is done when falling off the bone.

Tarragon and Almond Green Beans

5	lbs.	Fresh green beans
2	large	Vidalla onions minced
=BC	cup	Butter
=BD	cup	Tarragon or =BC dried
1	cups	White wine
1	tbsp.	Butter
1	cup	Almonds
1	tbsp.	White wine
		Salt and Pepper to taste

	Cut, wash, & dry beans. Brown onions in butter with tarragon.
Add wine and beans. Add water until just covered. In a skillet toast
almonds with butter.
Season and add wine. Saute until dry.  When beans are tender add
almonds and cook for 30 minutes more.

Drambuie Shortbread

1	lb.	Butter soften
=BE	cup	sugar
3	tbsp.	Drambuie
1	cup	Cornstarch
4	cups	Flour

	Preheat oven 350=BA. Cream butter, sugar, and Drambuie
together for 10 minutes. Mix in cornstarch then flour. Roll out
until =BD inch thick. Cut out shortbread. Prick with fork. Place
in oven and immediately reduce temperature to 250=BA. Bake until
golden brown.

Cloved Strawberries

4	lb.	Strawberries quartered
=BE	cup	sugar
2	tsp.	Cloves
=BD	cup	water

	Combine sugar, cloves, and water in a saucepan. Bring to a
boil and pour over strawberries. Cool. This makes enough for 25
people and one Northshield Principality Seneschal chow hound.

From:  "Richard & Lara Campbell" <scotland at cloudnet.com>
+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+    to unsubscribe, send a message
t=
`~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`    sca-middle-request at dnaco.net
wit=
.  |  |     |  |     |  |     |  |          'unsubscribe' as its body.
- --=_-=_-MIFIBEAKHEOBCAAA--

- --=_-=_-NKMEGEOLFCPBCAAA--