SC - Marzipan for Sotelties

Gedney, Jeff Gedney.J at phd.com
Tue Jun 9 10:28:38 PDT 1998

Well. . .my happy ending came at the same feast.  I was incredibly grateful to
every person who ignored the chaos and stayed for the feast. (Of course only
they got to see the dragon cake that breathed fire.)  The greatest kindness
came however when it was all through.  It turned out that our scullery crew
couldn't stay as long as we had originally been told, so here we were facing a
very mssy kitchen and tons of leftovers.  We had a few people to help with the
clean up, but not nearly enough.  At this point, Mistress Elizabeth O'Byrne,
who had been offering her help all day,  walked into the kitchen, assessed the
situation and went back out into the hall to find more help.  She then
organized the clean-up crew.  We also had two people that walked in and
started work on the remaining dishes and stuck it out until they were done.

I had always known that all of the members of our Society are happy to help
out when needed, but not everyone has the initiative to see what needs to be
done and do it.

Noemi